From the court gardens to the villa quarter – northern Bad Kreuznach
The villa quarters with park-like gardens along Brückes road and in the northern part of Bad Kreuznach were also areas of growth. A tremendous noble residence of the Electoral Palatinate once dominated this area before and outside the town walls. The name Hofgarten meaning “court gardens” is reminiscent of that time. After 1800, a villa quarter for wealthy Kreuznach families developed here, followed by the first railway station in Brückes road in around 1860. The aristocratic residence Simmerner Hof had to make way for road traffic but the flair and opulence of the turn of the century around 1900 is still to be seen in the area around Hofgartenstraße.